The Wake County Public School System has purchased a subscription for the research based standards mastery program called Study Island.
During our subscription your child can access Study Island free of charge anywhere internet access is available. Study Island has site-wide security features in place to provide greater peace of mind. We are excited about the benefits this program can bring to our students, and we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
Using Study Island from home:
The program is divided into sections based on subject (math, reading, etc.) and each section is made up of 15 to 30 topics, with each topic containing about 20 to 30 questions. Topics are accompanied by a lesson, which contains a brief overview of the material covered in that topic.
Follow the instructions below to use the program:
Click here for Study Island link:.
- Click on Sign in:
Username: Your child’s first initial and complete last name, then @ghe. Example: JSmith@ghe
Password: 1 (for grade 1), 2 (for grade), etc.
- Click “submit”
First time using program:
1.You must complete 10 Pretest questions to unlock the rest of the content in that subject. If there is no pretest option, or if you have already taken the Pretest, you may move to the other content topics.
2. Choose a Session Type. The default setting is Test mode, however, students may select Printable worksheet or Game mode if permitted by school.
3. To pass a topic, you must meet the passing requirements, which are based on a minimum number of questions answered (usually 10) and a minimum percentage correct (around 70%). A blue ribbon icon is displayed next to all passed topics.
4. Once you have completed the Pretest, you may work through the remainder of the topics in any order. You must pass all topics before taking the Post Test.
5. Once you have passed all the topics, you must pass the Post Test to complete the subject. Ignore this step if the subject has no Post Test.
6. When you pass all topics in all subjects, you have completed the program.
To access reports:
Select a subject under “Reports” from the left-hand side of the screen to access your reports.