Parents and visitors must enter at the front of the building, sign in at the office via computer and get a visitor badge. . Before leaving Green Hope, please sign out in the office.This system is for the safety and security of the entire Green Hope Elementary community.
New for the 2012-2013 school year:
However, any continuing volunteer must reactivate his/her status no later than 4:00 PM on
October 31, 2012.
· All continuing volunteers approved for the 2011-2012 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 PM on October 31, 2012. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register through the intranet. Access to the volunteer system is: WCPSS Intranet – Business Applications – Volunteer Registration.
- · After October 31, 2012, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check. To avoid unnecessary costs to the school system, we encourage continuing volunteers to reactivate early in the school year – and no later than October 31, 2012.
- · The volunteer system will be open daily for reactivation/registration from July 2, 2012, through October 31, 2012, 24 hours a day. From November 5, 2012 through May 20, 2013, the volunteer system will be open on Mondays only, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. However, the system will be closed on December 24, 2012, December 31, 2012 and January 21, 2013.
Volunteers must be registered for any of the following:
- Activity may require direct contact with students on or off campus with no or limited supervision
- Activity may require access to confidential information
- Activity potentially involves solitary time with students
- Activity may take place outside the view of school staff for brief or extended periods
- Activity may involve driving students in a personal vehicle
- Activity may take place with supervision or in a public setting
- Activity may involve little or no student contact and no solitary time with students
- School staff may observe at any time
EXAMPLES: overnight field trips, tutoring inside or outside the classroom, extended out-of-school activities, off-campus mentoring, field trip chaperone, dance chaperone, club sponsor, health room assistant, volunteer coach, clerical work for teacher, telephone volunteer, media center volunteer, beautification volunteer, guest speaker, classroom assistant, field day volunteer, test proctor, front office helper, room parent
(Wake County employees do not need to register.)